The Scarlet and Black Research Center convenes researchers and practitioners across the humanities to examine the global dimensions of anti-Black racism.
Searchable database documenting the history of slavery in our communities through digital archival sources and linked open data.
Primary sources highlighting African American history at Rutgers University and in our surrounding communities.
African American oral history interviews with a focus on Rutgers and life in New Jersey.
- Scarlet & Black Undergraduate Research Assistant Positions for 2023-2024
- Linked Data, Omeka S, and New Jersey Slavery Records – DHI Event on Mar. 29, 2023
- Rutgers Welcomes Dr. Tajah Ebram as Black Studies Librarian
- Scarlet and Black Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023-2025
- Scarlet and Black Volume 2 wins 2022 NJSAA Author Award
- Launching the New Jersey Slavery Records Database